Patient Participation Group Newsletter
1. Dr Carpenter – Sadly Dr Carpenter will be leaving us at the end of the year. He and his new wife have an open ticket and are going travelling – a delayed gap year! I’m sure that you would like to join us and thank him in advance for all the care and help he has given us. He will be missed.
2. Practice Manager – Sadly Charlotte left us at the end of September, we would like to thank her for her help and support she gave us and wish her the best of luck for the future. We would like to take this opportunity to welcome Farry, who has taken over the role, to the surgery.
3. Friends & Family – We have had very good results on this subject via text. Please note that we do have paper forms in the waiting room if you would like to have your say. The number of results received, via text, for October were very good, we had a total of 135 – made up of 121 extremely likely to recommend, 11 likely to recommend, 2 neither likely or unlikely to recommend and 1 unlikely to recommend. This is the best response we have had since we started receiving F&F via text in August.
4. MacMillan Coffee Morning – This took place on Friday the 27th September and was, although I say it myself, a success. Patients enjoyed the homemade cakes on offer and either ate them at the surgery or took them home with them. We raised the sum of £80, thank you all for your generosity.
5. Extended Hours Surgery – This will no longer be held at our surgery our patients are seen at Belfairs (Eastwood Group Surgeries) 335 Eastwood Road North, Leigh on sea, SS9 4LT, every Monday between 7pm-8pm, appointments to be made via our surgery 01702 470336.
6. Reception – Care Navigation – We would just like to advise you that receptionists title will changing to Care Navigator; some surgeries already use this title. What it means is receptionist will ask if you don’t mind them asking for an idea of what your problem is (you do not have to if you prefer not to, we totally understand) other surgeries use it as a form of triage so can point you in the right direction on whom to see (this is mainly the bigger surgeries). At our surgery it will be used more for helping you to get the help or advice sooner where possible.
7. Flu Campaign 2019 – The flu campaign has gone very well and all flu only clinics have finished. If you are one of the group of people who should have the vaccine and have not, but would like to, please phone the surgery and make an appointment, this will be done by the nurses.
8. Coffee & Mince Pie Morning – This will be held at the surgery on Wednesday morning the 11th December and we will be holding a raffle where the money raised from this will this year be going to the Alzheimers Charity
Your Patient Participation Group (patient lead Jenny)If you are interested to receive surgery news and updates via e-mail, please leave your e-mail address at the reception or e-mail me on firstname.lastname@example.org If you no longer wish to receive emails from the surgery please advise me via the same email address